OUR UNIQUE MINDSET! OUR NOBLE OBSESSION REGARDING DENTISTRY!
PREDICTABLE, LONG-LASTING, NEARLY ”BULLETPROOF“ DENTAL CARE
I. THE LEAST AMOUNT OF LIFETIME DENTISTRY THAT ACHIEVES HEALTH AND STABILITY
-We believe that dental care should be as “bulletproof” and long-lasting as possible. This means:
- It is done with a deep commitment to predictable, trouble-free results
- There is exquisite attention to detail
- There is a focus on optimal prevention
- Dental repairs will be lifelong solutions whenever possible
- Patients should be treated with the least amount of lifetime dentistry that maintains an optimal dental condition
- We will help patients achieve health and stability by increasing their knowledge and self-care
II. AGGRESSIVELY CONSERVATIVE, MINIMALLY INVASIVE, HIGHLY PREDICTABLE
-We believe that the best dentistry is done with a conservative approach and is minimally invasive.
-We believe that predictable dentistry:
- Is achievable for nearly everyone
- Has a high value for people
- Results in very few complications
- Has little need for repeating a procedure or for retreating a problem
III. COLLABORATIVE DENTAL MINDSET, KEEPING THE PATIENT IN CONTROL, PARTNERING
-We believe that:
- Patients need an understanding on their conditions, priorities, risks, self-care and treatment options.
- Though we are experts in dentistry, patients are experts on themselves
- With an appropriate degree of guidance and information, patients routinely make good decisions that serve them well
- Patients, not us, are better at determining how to fit their dental care into their lives and budget
IV. “THE BEST” ACTUALLY COSTS LESS
-We believe that the best and finest dentistry:
- o Usually “costs” less in the long run
- o Lasts a lot longer; there is less chance of it needing to be redone
- o Will also cost less in terms of time, trouble and loss of teeth/ tooth structure
- o Helps prevent the need for many future avoidable procedures
- o Costs less because an accurate, well-conceived diagnosis means treating only what is needed and providing only what is valuable.
V. RESPECTING PATIENTS’ TIME, “WHY SMALLER IS BETTER”, ACCOUNTABILITY
-We believe that respect between the patient and dental team is demonstrated by:
- Having a small, highly educated, highly accountable dental team
- Respecting our patients’ time
- Seeing people at their scheduled appointment time
- Seeing only one patient at a time
- By establishing clear agreements on what will be accomplished at each appointment
- By having our treated patients almost never experience the need for emergency, immediate or urgent care
VI. BEING STRONG ADVOCATES FOR PATIENTS
-We believe in advocating for our patients by:
- Focusing on how we can save time, trouble, teeth or financial resources for every patient at every visit and, especially, over time
- Determining, in detail, what is important to each patient at the start of our time together
- Using patients’ expressed preferences to tailor our approach, to personalize procedures, and to sequence care appropriately
VII. CONTEMPORARY SOLUTIONS AND LIFELONG LEARNING
-We believe in lifelong learning and the value of continuing education as indicated by:
- Routinely spending approximately 100 hours each year in courses advancing my dental knowledge.
- Among many other post-graduate courses, completing the level of Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry as well as the curriculum at the prestigious Kois Center.
- Having numerous other well-educated dentists, dental team members and dental laboratory technicians choose our practice for their dental care and the dental care of their family members
VII. ATTENTION TO DETAIL, PRECISION
-We believe that:
- A high level of precision in diagnosis and the strict following of scientifically-supported techniques and protocols is essential to long-lasting treatment
- The quality of the dentistry and attention to detail make the difference between dental success and failure
VIII. COMPLETE, COMPREHENSIVE CARE
-We believe that complete care:
- Allows a “big picture” approach that routinely solves “problems” before they occur
- Prevents unnecessary or unproductive care
- Allows for early detection and diagnosis providing two great advantages:
- 1) Early, minimal correction that is predictable and stable
- 2) Implementation of simple self-care techniques that can stop or greatly slow down a condition that would otherwise need intervention.
IX. COMFORTABLE, GENTLE CARE
-We believe that dental treatment is best done with advanced efforts towards compassion and comfort as indicated by:
- Our patients routinely telling us how extraordinarily gentle our approach is.
- Employing all contemporary safe methods to ensure optimal comfort during visits.
X. MORE OPTIONS, CUSTOMIZED APPROACH TO CARE, PHASED CARE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
-We believe that we offer more options and a customized approach as indicated by:
- Being familiar with all contemporary methods and procedures available today
- Providing options that can be phased over time.
- Having optional dental treatment plans where we can:
- Treat all of a patient’s problems over an appointment or two
- Or gradually phase care in over a period of up to several years.
XI. OUR BIGGEST AREAS OF EXPERTISE: CUSTOM SOLUTIONS FOR THE MOST COMPLEX PROBLEMS.
-IS IT TIME FOR DENTURES, PARTIAL DENTURES, BRIDGEWORK, OR IMPLANTS?
-We are prepared to manage the most complex cases as indicated by:
- Many patients coming to us have been frustrated with a declining condition in which full dentures, partial dentures, or implants are being considered.
- We are completely experienced in all of these options and are able to deliver the treatment they need that is in alignment with their values.
- Our collaboration with patients involves the choices that satisfies the outcomes most desired.
XII. SPECIALTY CARE: WE DON’T DO EVERYTHING “IN HOUSE” AND WHY THAT’S GOOD FOR OUR PATIENTS
-We believe our patients should receive care provided by the person best equipped to deliver that care. As such:
- We are very clear about what we are the very best at and on what procedures are best done collaboratively with carefully chosen specialists in our area.
- Our selected specialists are the ones that we trust for the care of ourselves and our own families.
XIII. PUTTING OURSELVES OUT OF BUSINESS?
-We believe that we should be trying to “put ourselves out of business” by providing treatment to last a lifetime as indicated by:
- Our joy in seeing our patients become stable and healthy, needing little to no additional dentistry
- Our belief that if we can “fix” it once for life, or can prevent a problem from ever developing, our job is done!
XIV. We prefer to stay in business by offering our services to NEW patients who also desire this advanced level of care.